Typically at the start of a new year, we think about big goals and resolutions. But this year feels a little different. While we’re all grateful for a fresh start, we’re probably feeling a little tired and overwhelmed as we come off of 2020. If the past year taught us anything, it’s that:
- We thought we were ready for anything, but it turns out that our resilience and fortitude were put to the test.
- We thought we had everything planned (or at least attempted to), but the last year tested all of those plans.
- We thought we had a positive mindset, but learned that when that mindset is challenged, problems may seem bigger than they really are.
So yes, we’ve had some hurdles thrown at us. How do we navigate the coming months with a refreshed mindset and add more doses of positivity in our lives? Here are a few basics to start you through the process:
- Start your morning with a consistent, positive routine that will set the tone for the rest of the day.
- Focus on the good things happening throughout your day, however small they may be.
- Surround yourself with positive friends and mentors.
- Become aware of self-sabotaging behavior and negative self-talk.
- Focus on the present because we can’t change the past and we can’t predict the future.
- Try to find humor, no matter how challenging it may be!
No matter how much you want to hit the refresh button, it can feel challenging to make changes on your own. The past year has been isolating for so many of us and it can feel like we’re stuck on autopilot waiting for the world to return to some sense of normalcy. But you don’t have to go through this journey alone. Working with a coach will help you build the core skills and habits to propel you forward – not just through the coming months, but well beyond.
There are still many things that may still feel up in the air as we’re entering the New Year, but we do still have power and influence within our own lives. What will 2021 hold for you? Leah M. Joppy and Associates is ready to help you move forward with renewed energy and focus. Call us at 301-670-0051 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.