It’s no secret that many of the best performing companies have vibrant and exciting cultures. Disney, Apple, and NIKE, we’re looking at you! On the flipside, a toxic company culture can cause an organization to struggle. Maybe you’re dealing with poor employee morale and high turnover and are wondering if your company’s culture is to blame. What are the warning signs that your company culture may be in trouble? Here are a few signs that it may be time for a cultural assessment:
- You routinely fall short of meeting goals and “underperformance” is a word tossed around all too often
- Employees aren’t demonstrating a strong commitment to the company and energy is can only be described as “low”
- Workers complain about a lack of positive feedback (or feedback at all)
- There’s a level of mistrust among employees and leaders
- Employees feel there is a lack of opportunity within the organization
- The level of job burnout is high and work/life balance seems to be nonexistent
Don’t wait until issues blow up into big problems. A cultural assessment is a vital step towards assessing the current culture of your organization and taking clear steps towards making purposeful and meaningful change. Outside perspective is invaluable in healing a poor company culture and the damage it can inflict. To discuss conducting a cultural value assessment for your business, please call Leah M. Joppy and Associates at 301-670-0051 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.